Paper Submission 2016
The paper submission site for the 2016 American Finance Association annual meeting, to be held January 3-5, 2016 in San Francisco, is open now. The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2015 at 5 pm (EST).
Important: All authors of a submitted paper must be current members of the AFA. Click here to join the AFA.
FAQ for the Paper Submission Process
The 2016 Conference paper submission process will be hosted by Conference Maker. (The paper submission mechanics for AFA conferences are entirely separate from the Journal of Finance paper submission process.)
The notes below are intended to answer questions that might arise in the submission process.
- The paper submission website works best with Chrome or Firefox. If you are using Internet Explorer, please make sure that you do not use any special characters (e.g.: ä or é) when you are entering information into the form fields. You will receive a warning after you submit your paper reminding you to take a look at your entries, just in case any of the characters weren’t recognized.
- In the “area” field, please choose the topic that most closely matches the topic of your paper.
- After you click on the submit button, there will be some text at the top of the next page telling you that your paper is uploading. Immediately after that, you will have a line that tells you whether or not your submission was successful. If it is, then the submission process is done.
- You can check that your paper was uploaded correctly by clicking on the “My Submissions” link in the navigation bar.
- If you have any problems or questions, please contact Annette Clark (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.