European Doctoral Programmes Association in Management and Business Administration (EDAMBA)
The 24th EDAMBA Summer Research Academy will take place in Athens from the 20th of July to 24th July 2015.
The EDAMBA Summer Research Academy 2015 is aimed at giving an analysis and some important perspectives on the challenges facing management and business research in a postmodern knowledge economy. It will position management and business research in relation to the moral and normative issues, the methodological issues and issues concerning new theoretical developments.
Doctoral students face many such issues both in relation to what their intellectual identity as researchers now and in the future is, and in relation to their function as members of the research and business communities.
The general aims of the EDAMBA Summer Research Academies are to
- provide a forum for dialogue on research paradigms and methodologies in the field of management and business research
- allow participants to present their own research with a focus on its place in the research landscape in business and management
- give young researchers means to motivate them to continue with their research and find a role and intellectual identity in today’s research landscape
- build scholarly networks among young researchers from the various fields of management and business research
The format of the research academy will consist of lectures, workshops and participant presentations. Lectures will both present important issues and introduce themes that are treated in the workshops. Workshops are more interactive and participants should expect to contribute.
Participant presentations should relate the participants own project to issues of importance in relation to understanding the role and use of research in the management and business area and in relation to the theme of the summer research academy. More specific guidelines will be given to the participants in good time before the research academy. Papers and presentations can be made available on the homepage of the summer research academy via a Dropbox.
There will be two evenings available for meetings and consultations between faculty and participants.
The participation fee for each is the following
I. For students from EDAMBA Member Institutions:
– Early Registration Fee (until May 1, 2015) : 750 euros incl. Vat.
– Late Registration Fee (as of May 2, 2015): 850 euros incl. Vat.
II. For students from Non-EDAMBA member Universities :
– Early Registration Fee (until May 1, 2015): 1200 euros incl. Vat
– Late Registration Fee (as of May 2, 2015): 1400 euros incl Vat
Fees include participation to the seminar, the seminar documentation, 5 nights hotel accommodation, lunches and 2 group dinners
Note: Hotel accommodation will be provided for 5 nights from Sunday 19 July to Friday 24 July. (Friday night not inclusive)
Travel expenses will be the responsibility of the participants or their institution.
Cancellations made before May 15, 2015 will be reimbursed minus 20% of the total fee. No reimbursement will be possible after that date.
NEW Deadline for application: May 15, 2015
Nina Payen – email@example.com
Conference website: http://www.eiasm.org/frontoffice/event_upload.asp?item=UPL&event_id=1108